Closure order granted for plagued property in Ellesmere Port

Closure order granted for plagued property in Ellesmere Port

Officers from Ellesmere Port have secured a third closure order on another problem property in as many months.

The closure came following reports that the behaviour of those at the address was a blight on the community and having a detrimental effect on residents’ well-being.

The closure order for the address on Grace Road was granted at Warrington Magistrates’ Court on Thursday 10 August.

In addition to the new closure order, officers have also secured a three-month extension on a property on Briarfield Road, which is the fourth Order on this property (pictured).

The orders, which will run for three months, are a result of officers responding to the concerns of residents regarding the behaviour at the properties which included anti-social behaviour, criminal damage and drug related activity.

Following the securing of the order, the occupant of Grace Road has been ordered to leave the address and find alternative accommodation, with all windows and doors being boarded up for a period of three months, while the property in Briarfield Road will continue to be boarded up for another three months to prevent further issues.

Anyone who enters the addresses during that time will be committing a criminal offence and could be arrested.

Police Constable Lucy Hawkins of Ellesmere Port LPU said:

“We will continue to work with our partners in the housing sector and local authority to prevent crime and to improve life for those living in the areas affected. I want to thank the residents of this community for their continued support – without them we would not have secured the result that we have.

“I hope that this closure will serve as a warning to anyone who chooses to behave in this way could lose their homes as a consequence of their actions.

“I want to urge anyone with concerns about drug-related crime, anti-social behaviour or any other criminality in their community to contact their local officers and we will do everything we can to address these issues.”

Anyone with concerns of suspicious or criminal behaviour in their area is asked to report it to Cheshire Police via the Cheshire Police website or call 101.

Related Posts