At around 1:30pm on Saturday 10 December 2022, a man was reported to have stolen a parcel from the foyer of a residential building on Ludgate Hill in the Ancoats area of Manchester.
Greater Manchester Police are now appealing to the public with any information that could help investigators identify this man pictured below.
Officers believe he may be able to assist with enquiries.
If you have seen this man, live or work around the area or were in the vicinity at the time and have CCTV footage or information, get in touch quoting 1555 of 10/12/22.
You can report any information to GMP by calling 0161 856 3501, 101 or 999 in an emergency. You can also report via our reporting method on our website www.gmp.police.uk
Alternatively, you can report information anonymously via the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
Below is some practical advice to help reduce the risk of theft of parcels which have been left on your doorstep or in a communal area:
- If you have ordered something of high value or if you want to ensure that your items aren’t left unattended, you can request a signature be given on delivery.
- Try to book a delivery slot at a time when you know someone will be at home.
- Track your parcel to ensure someone will be at home for the delivery.
- Consider installing a video doorbell; this can be connected to your mobile, so you are notified immediately of any delivery.
- Arrange for your parcel to be delivered to a trusted neighbour, family member or friend who will be at home.
- If you live in a flat/apartment or student halls, be aware of who you are letting in the gate and building when entering your accommodation. Thieves can often tailgate residents into buildings to gain access and carry out thefts.
- If you live in a flat/apartment or student halls, is there a concierge who could accept the parcel for you?
- Use an off-site locker service for frequent deliveries, or for expensive items; these parcel boxes are more likely to be in busy, safer locations – such as supermarkets – rather than secluded areas which could be targeted by thieves.