Man from Ellesmere Port jailed for supplying cocaine and cannabis

Man from Ellesmere Port jailed for supplying cocaine and cannabis

A man from Ellesmere Port has been jailed for more than three-and-a-half years for supplying cocaine and cannabis.

Kyren Latham, of Whitby Road, Ellesmere Port, previously pleaded guilty to drugs supply offences and was sentenced on Friday 11 August at Chester Crown Court.

The 30-year-old was jailed for 44 months for being concerned in the supply of cocaine and cannabis, as well as possession with intent to supply cocaine.

The case began in June 2023, when Cheshire Police began an investigation after receiving information that Latham was supplying drugs.

Telecoms data identified a telephone number being used to advertise cocaine and cannabis for sale.

This number was then linked to Latham.

On Thursday 13 July, Latham was arrested in Ellesmere Port and found in possession of approximately 29 wraps of cocaine, valued at £880.

He was also in possession of a phone which matched the phone identified from the telecoms data, as well as £345 in cash.

A search was conducted at Latham’s home address and among the items seized were cash, digital scales, and a list of names, believed to be a dealer list.

Latham was subsequently charged and pleaded guilty at Chester Magistrates’ Court on Friday 14 July.

Following the sentencing, Detective Constable Roy Wellings, of the Western Proactive Team, said:

“The sentence handed to Latham should serve as a reminder that we are committed to acting on any information we receive regarding drugs activity. 

“This behaviour wreaks havoc on people’s lives – and not just on those who use drugs themselves. The impact of illegal drugs stetches far and wide and can devastate communities.

“This is why it is so important to report illegal drug activity in your area so we can stop people like Latham and bring them to justice.”

Anyone with any information about illegal drug activity in their community can report it to Cheshire Police via the Cheshire Police website or 101, or report it to Crimestoppers anonymously via the Crimestoppers website.

Related Posts