Man jailed for more than three years following sexual assault in Liverpool

Man jailed for more than three years following sexual assault in Liverpool

A man has been jailed for more than three years for the sexual assault of a teenage girl in Liverpool.

Ramijah Hindes, 21 years, of no fixed address, was jailed for three years and nine months at Liverpool Crown Court yesterday Thursday, 12 May.

He has also been put on the Sexual Offenders Register indefinitely, and a 10-year restraining is in place prohibiting him from contacting the victim and from entering the area surrounding Garston Old Road, Whitehedge Road and St Mary’s Road.

Merseyside Police launched an appeal following an incident in March this year where a 17-year-old female was sexually assaulted near St Mary’s Road.

Following the appeal, Hindes handed himself in to police where he was arrested and charged with sexual assault.

At a hearing on 14 April he pleaded guilty to the offence.

Detective Inspector Neil Dillon said: “The victim showed immense courage and bravery to report this to us. She is still recovering from the incident, which is having a lasting impact on her.

“Merseyside Police take all reports of sexual assault extremely seriously, and I hope this result shows that we will investigate reports thoroughly and put offenders before the courts so that they can pay for their crimes.”

If you’ve been affected by sexual violence of any kind, support is available through the Police and Crime Commissioner’s Victim Care Merseyside service delivered jointly by two registered charities. In Liverpool, Sefton and Wirral, support is provided by Rape and Sexual Abuse Support (RASA) Merseyside who are available on 0151 558 1801 and, in St Helens and Knowsley, by the Rape and Sexual Abuse Support Centre (RASASC) Cheshire and Merseyside who can be contacted on 01925 221 546 or 0330 363 0063.

For women who have felt or feel unsafe in public spaces the Home Office has set up a pilot service (StreetSafe | (  for anyone to anonymously report public places where they have felt or feel unsafe, because of environmental issues, eg street lighting, abandoned buildings or vandalism and/or because of some behaviours, eg being followed or verbally abused. 

Please note: ‘StreetSafe’ is not for reporting crime or incidents. 

If something has happened to you or someone you know (including in public spaces online) you can call us on 101 or find out what online reporting services are available at StreetSafe | ( 

Related Posts