Police in Northwich have rewarded children for their outstanding efforts in the local community.
On Monday and Tuesday (April 11 and 12), officers handed out gift-wrapped Easter eggs, a recognition award and a certificate to each child that had been selected for their work in Northwich.
Approximately 50 children, aged between two and 16, were recognised for their fantastic work which includes litter picking every weekend, improving behaviour within the community and charity work – including one child raising £13,000 for Cancer Research in memory of a family member.
Prizes were handed out for a range of work including:
- Community work
- A charity marathon run for Shelter
- Litter picking
- Walking 5k for suicide prevention and mental health charities
- Providing lunches for vulnerable people
- Charity work in aid of Tiny Steps
- Raising £13,000 for Cancer Research
- Helping out at Rainbows Girlguiding
- Improving behaviour within the community
- Baking cakes for charity, with the money going towards the Ukraine humanitarian effort