Business leaders are to find out about the ongoing economic resilience of Warrington and its confidence for the future, despite the challenges of the coronavirus pandemic.
The launch of the 22nd Warrington Annual Property Review takes place today, providing an in-depth analysis of the Warrington property development and investment market.
While the Review launch is usually held in front of a packed audience of business and property professionals, the restrictions currently in place mean that, for the first time, the event is being held virtually.
The launch takes place online, on Warrington & Co’s YouTube Channel on Friday 31 July at 12 noon. It will feature presentations of statistics and reports independently commissioned, compiled and collated by Warrington-based commercial property agents, The BE Group.
This year’s review will once again demonstrate strong investor confidence in Warrington, showcasing the town’s economic performance, success stories and ambitions for future growth.
• Warrington’s economy being announced last year by the Cheshire and Warrington Local Enterprise Partnership as the second highest performing in England, outside of London.
• The annual Centre for Cities update listing Warrington as the fifth highest performing economic hub in the country.
• Success for Warrington’s office market, with the town achieving the joint highest number of deals completed, nationally, above 200 sqm.
• High levels of activity continuing at Omega Business Park, reflecting the consistent appetite for high quality distribution units of 9,000 sqm or more.
• A strong housing market with 2,133 residential sales completed throughout 2019, achieving an average price increase of 4.8 percent on the previous year, according to Zoopla.
• A total investment spend of £73m secured in the town in 2019.
Warrington Borough Council Leader, Cllr Russ Bowden, said: “Despite the move to a virtual platform, I’m confident that the business and property sector will once again find Warrington’s Annual Property Review an invaluable, independent analysis of our economic performance.
“While it’s clear that we are facing unprecedented challenges due to the impact of COVID-19, Warrington’s economy continues to show real resilience. I’m delighted we are able to once more showcase to investors our ongoing strength as a great place to live, work and do business, which is leaving us in an excellent position to be a leading destination in the economic recovery.”
Chairman of Warrington & Co., Professor Steven Broomhead, added: “We welcome the opportunity to showcase the continued growth of Warrington as a business and investment leader, which consistently outperforms other towns and cities across the UK.
“This year’s Property Review will once again show that, despite the challenges we are all facing, Warrington’s economy, business sector and investment programme remains in an exceptionally strong position, and we have every reason to feel confident about the future.
As part of the review, business figures will also find out more about some of Warrington’s key regeneration and infrastructure projects, including the £142m Time Square mixed-use development, which is driving the town centre renaissance, the new, £20.5 Warrington West train station, and the £19.89m Centre Park Link scheme, which is due to open at the end of this year.
The Warrington Annual Property Review is hosted each year by Warrington & Co. – the town’s urban regeneration and inward investment partnership. You can view this year’s virtual event through Warrington & Co’s YouTube channel.
This year’s event has been sponsored by:
– Vinci Construction
– Orbit Developments
– Baker Mallett
– Miller Developments
– Cheshire & Warrington Local Enterprise Partnership
– Leach Rhodes Walker
– Turner & Townsend
– FDR Law
You can also read the full Annual Property Review report by downloading it from warringtonandco.com, or by contacting Warrington & Co for a copy in print or pdf format at email@example.com or on 01925 442371.