Police were called at around 5.40pm on Sunday 20 June, 2021 to a report of an attempted robbery at a business premises on Worcester Road, Cheadle Hulme.
A teenage boy, who cannot be named for legal reasons, has subsequently been charged with the following in connection with the incident:
- Three counts of attempted murder
- Two counts of possession of a Firearm with intent to endanger life
- Two counts of possession of Ammunition with intent to endanger life
- One count of possession of cannabis
- One count of assault of an emergency worker
Two other males remain in custody for questioning.
Detective Inspector Ian Wrench, of GMPs Stockport division, said: ” We are still appealing for information in relation to this incident. I would like to again reassure the public that we believe this was an isolated incident and there is no wider threat to the public.
“Any information no matter how insignificant you think it might be, may help with our investigation so please get in touch.
“Anyone with information can contact police on 0161 856 9923 quoting incident 2114 of the 20th June, 2021 or the independent charity – Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.”