Join the nation in celebrating at Walton Hall and Gardens’ Big Jubilee Lunch on Sunday 5 June.
Each year, The Big Lunch brings millions of people together across the UK to celebrate with neighbours and their community on the first weekend in June.
This year is extra special as The Big Jubilee Lunch is part of the official celebrations for Her Majesty The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee.
Walton Hall and Gardens Big Jubilee Lunch event will take place from 12noon to 5pm and will be free to enter.
What’s on at Walton?
- There will be a circus performer to meet and greet you at the main entrance, providing the perfect family photo opportunity
- On the lawns next to the Children’s Zoo, Circus Sensible will be performing from their little big top tent. The three man team will perform three half hour shows throughout the afternoon. In between show times, performers will hold circus skills workshops for children to take part in
- On the bandstand lawn you will find gourmet street food vendors and a bar. Plus, live music performed throughout the afternoon by The Microtones and Frank and the Invisibles
- On the main lawns, Radio General’s roadshow will be providing the musical backdrop as we welcome the West Lancs Dog display team. This long established team will entertain you with their fantastic canine agility shows
- Traditional music and dancing will be provided by the Earl of Stamford Morris Dancers
- In the glasshouses courtyard, Warrington Brass Band and the Sing Our Socks Off Choir will be providing the entertainment
- Interested in the history of Walton? The Friends of Walton Estate have put together a special photography exhibition about the restoration of the glasshouses. Plus, the beautiful Walton Hall will be open to the public with guided tours available
- World-renowned horticulturalist, Donny Billington, will also be here showing off his collection of gold medal winning Bromeliad plants
The Heritage Café will be serving afternoon tea on the day, with the option to add a glass of fizz! Afternoon tea boxes include a tasty selection of traditional sandwiches, award-winning pastries and a pot of Cheshire Chutney, followed by a classic fruit scone with clotted cream and strawberry jam, plus a selection of freshly made cakes.
All served with English breakfast tea, coffee, or a glass of orange juice. Or, why not upgrade to a glass of prosecco for £3 extra while it’s a special celebration!
Afternoon teas cost £16.99 and can be booked in advance via Walton Hall and Gardens website. They come in a takeaway box so you can enjoy anywhere across the estate.
Free park and ride
We’ll be providing a free park and ride service for visitors on the day.
Park your car for free at Time Square multi-storey car park on Bank Street in Warrington town centre. A shuttle bus service will then take you to Walton and back.
Shuttle buses will run every 15 minutes between 11am and 6pm.
Cllr Tony Higgins, cabinet member for leisure and community, said: “The Big Jubilee Lunch is gearing up to be very special time and I am absolutely delighted that Walton is joining in the party. This exciting family fun day will see the jewel in Warrington’s crown spring to life with music, colour, entertainment and activities for all ages to enjoy. It is the perfect way to celebrate this momentous occasion for our country.”
There are more reasons than ever to get together and join the nation in celebration this year. Come along to Walton Hall and Gardens for a fun-filled day of celebrations across our beautiful estate!
For more information about Walton Hall and Gardens, visit waltonhallgardens.co.uk.