Detectives investigating the importation of illegal drugs have charged 10 people following a series of dawn raids across Cheshire, North Wales and Shropshire.
The eight men and two women were all arrested on Thursday 18 February after a series of warrants were executed at 10 addresses in Chester, Whitchurch, Saltney, Frodsham and Tarporley.
They have been charged with conspiracy to supply Class B drugs, evading a prohibition on the importation of a Class B drug and money laundering offences.
Below are the details of the 10 defendants:
- Jordan Mehta, 36, of Shrewsbury Street, Prees, near Whitchurch
- Jessica Bowater, 25, of Shrewsbury Street, Prees, near Whitchurch
- Jason Bowater, 25, of Geenfield Park, Saltney
- Ben Pearce, 27, of Kings Drive, Helsby
- Daniel Hewitt, 37, of Elm Close, Tarporley
- Joshua Jones, 25, of Bakers Court, Steam Mill Street, Chester
- Jonathon Williams, 28, of Hornsmill Way, Helsby
- Sean Upton, 25, of no fixed abode
- Melanie Fell, 61, of Cavendish Mews, Hough Green, Chester
- Gary Pennington, 43, of Robin Hood Lane, Helsby
All 10 have been conditionally bailed to appear at Chester Magistrates’ Court on Friday 19 March.