Winsford man jailed for sexual offences

Winsford man jailed for sexual offences

A man from Winsford who groomed a teenage girl has been jailed for more than two years.

Michael Walker appeared at Chester Crown Court on Friday 2 December where he was sentenced to two years four months and given a 10-year restraining order. A Sexual Harm Prevention Order was also imposed.

The 45-year-old of Yellowhammer Crescent, Winsford, had previously been found guilty of nine counts of engaging in sexual activity with a child.

During the trial the court heard how Walker had groomed a teenage girl over a nine-month period.

The abuse began in August 2020 and ended in April 2021. She reported the case to Police in August 2021 leading to Walkers arrest.

Following questioning he was charged with eight counts of engaging in non-penetrative sexual activity with a child and one count of causing/ inciting a teenager to engage in non-penetrative sexual activity.

Following the sentencing, Detective Constable Herminder Hira, who led the investigation, said:

“I am pleased with the outcome of this case, and I hope that it provides reassurance to the victim and her family.

“It was apparent throughout the investigation that Walker is a sexual predator, he preyed on his victim’s vulnerabilities and had no regard for the effects his actions would have on the victim or her family.

“I would like to thank the victim for showing such bravery throughout this investigation, and her family for the support they have provided, both to their daughter and the investigation throughout.

“This has greatly assisted the police in bringing Walker to justice and helped to safeguard the wider community going forward.

“I also hope this case and encourages other victims of sexual offences to come forward and report them to us. We treat reports of sexual offences extremely seriously, and any allegations will be thoroughly investigated, with the wishes and needs of the victim as our main priority.”

If you have been a victim of sexual abuse, or know of someone who has, please call us on 101 or visit here.

Information can also be reported anonymously, via Crimestoppers, on 0800 555 111.

Related Posts