Stockton Heath community recycling centre (CRC) has reopened today, Monday 13 July.
Like Gatewarth and Woolston CRCs, which re-opened in May, you are asked to only visit Stockton Heath CRC if you have an essential need to dispose of household waste.
There will be strict restrictions and traffic management in place on site, so you should only travel to the recycling centre if any of your household waste cannot be safely stored at home.
The site will be open from 10am-4pm on weekdays, and from 8am-6pm on weekends. Additional measures are in place at the site to protect residents and staff:
• Access is permitted for cars only. No vans, vehicle trailers, commercial vehicles or pedestrians will be allowed in
• Only one person is permitted per car, unless you are a blue badge holder
• Due to social distancing restrictions, staff will not be able to help with unloading or lifting items, so only take to the tip what you can safely dispose of yourself
• There will be a one-in, one-out system to ensure people can dispose of their waste safely, so expect lengthy queues
• To help prevent people travelling to the CRC from outside Warrington, residents will be asked for evidence of their address, so will need to take a recent utility bill, council tax bill or proof of address to display in their car windscreen
• Residents are reminded to observe the social distancing rules when on site and to be respectful of others
• Residents who are abusive, intimidating or clearly flout the national guidance will have access to the CRC removed
• There will be traffic management in place on site. Queues are expected and residents may be asked to leave and return later
Warrington Borough Council’s Cabinet Member for environment and public protection, Cllr Judith Guthrie, said: “It’s good news that Stockton Heath recycling centre has re-opened, meaning all three of our CRCs are now operational.
“We have worked hard to make sure the Stockton Heath site – like our other CRCs – has re-opened in as safe a manner as possible. I would ask the public to support us by only coming if you have an essential need, and by following the guidance, which is there to protect everyone.”
For the latest guidance and information about what you can and can’t take to the tip at the moment, and for site opening hours, please visit the bins, waste and recycling coronavirus page.
Please check warrington.gov.uk/coronavirus to read about other services that continue to be affected by the pandemic.